Your Partner in Locum Tenens
Since the advent of the profession in 1996, hospitalists have contributed to decreases in hospital stay duration, hospitalization costs, and readmission rates at facilities throughout the country. Hospitalists understand the importance of coordinating efficient treatment for patients with acute care needs across healthcare settings, including internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, neurology, pediatrics, and more. Hospitalists strive to get patients healthy and out of the hospital quickly—Consilium works behind the scenes to place you there, so you can be ready to help your patients get back to life as usual.
We believe that hospitalists should receive an equivalent level of dedication throughout the locum tenens experience. We provide you with a team of trained professionals to simplify the process every step of the way. To ensure that your locums experience is seamless, each of our hospitalists works with one dedicated account manager as well as specialists trained specifically to coordinate your credentialing, travel and lodging, payment, and anything else you might need along the way, day or night. Consilium is Your Partner in Locum Tenens: let us flip the script and put you first.
Why Should I Choose Locum Tenens?
Contract work offers advantages for hospitalists in all career and life stages. If you are wondering whether locum tenens might be a good fit for you—either now or in the future—consider some of the following benefits:
Locum tenens offers opportunities to achieve your ideal work-life balance.
- Combat burnout due to an undesirable work schedule or practice setting
- Work less, if desired, without having to retire fully
- Schedule shifts around your childcare or caretaking responsibilities
- Prioritize professional development, continuing medical education (CME), and maintenance of certification (MOC) endeavors
Locum tenens provides opportunities to meet personal financial objectives.
- Save for a specific goal, such as buying a house, paying off medical school loans, or retirement
- Earn extra money by taking on extra shifts while keeping your current job
- Travel the country (on our dime) while you work—our providers never pay for travel and lodging
Locum tenens offers greater freedom and flexibility in schedule and practice setting.
- Choose between working day-shifts or night-shifts
- Pick your schedule: 7-days on/7-days off, 10-days on/10-days off, or just a few extra shifts
- Work strictly on a pro re nata (PRN), as-needed basis, if desired
- Pick between open and closed ICU settings
- Decide whether you want to work at large or small facilities (or both)