Client is in need of a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to see Child & Adolescent patients
Hours: Part-time - 20hours/week, specific hours dependent on preference of candidate.
Individuals presenting to services are known to be at a higher risk of physical health issues than the general public due to several factors; therefore, it is important to establish a behavioral health service delivery system that increases access and quality person-centered care for clients.
The client will provide primary care screening, monitoring and related care coordination to ensure access to needed physical health care. A primary care physician will be an integral part of the clients Admission Department to ensure physical health care for patients
2 weeks for credentialing
Required Education and Experience
· Master of Science degree from an accredited college/university in Nursing/PMHNP. Licensure as a Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health
Nurse Practitioner with minimum education as determined and required by the relevant licensing board.
· One year of relevant experience as a Nurse Practitioner, providing psychiatric care to a child population with a mental health diagnosis.
Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•Ability to promote positive, collaborative, and professional working relations among co-workers and representatives in the community.
•Ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
•Knowledge of community mental health and public health in order to provide advocacy and enhance an individual’s treatment and access to community resources.
•Knowledge of the principles, procedures, techniques, trends,and literature related to mental health, physical health, intellectual disabilities and substance abuse.
•Knowledge of psychiatric/medical medications/treatments.
•Skill to administer medications.
•Skill to communicate effectively in order to facilitate treatment and relay information to others as part of an interdisciplinary team.
•Skill to perform medical assessments in order to obtain information and to formulate appropriate treatment plans and referrals.
If you are interested or have any questions please reach out!
- Setting: Out Patient
- On Call: No
- Schedule: Part-Time
- Assignment Length: 3m + extensions
- Board Certification:
- The Consilium Staffing team will partner with you to ensure a positive experience during the entire locums process
- Our team of experts will assist with setting travel arrangements based on your specific needs
- Consilium Staffing covers your malpractice insurance for all assignments
- Consilium Staffing offers competitive hourly rates for our physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners